Office of Civil Rights (OCR)

Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act protects students with IEPs from discrimination.  If you feel that your child has been discriminated against based on disability, you may file a complaint to the Office for Civil Rights (OCR) of the U.S. Department of Education. An OCR complaint must be filed within 180 days of the school’s most recent violation. An OCR complaint may result in an investigation of the school, and, eventually, a resolution of the dispute.